FREE WORKSHOP TONIGHT! – The Great Backyard Bird Count
Our Town Hall Meeting – Wednesday, November 29, 2017 at 7:30 pm
This is a message from ReadyBucks
DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE
All Are Welcome to Attend Our Upcoming Town Hall Event on Wednesday, November 29, 2017. Please see the below for details. We have an online survey which you can fill out by going to: http://newbritainboro.com/town-hall-survey/
The Central Bucks Regional Police Department wants you and your family to stay safe and has offered up some good safety tips to ensure a fun Halloween experience on Monday, October 31st.
- A parent or responsible adult should always accompany young children on the neighborhood rounds
- If your older children are going alone, plan and review the route that is acceptable to you
- Agree on a specific time when children should return home
- Children should only go to homes with a porch light on and never enter a home or car for a treat
- Children and adults are reminded to put electronic devices down, keep heads up and walk, don’t run, across the street
- Instruct your children to travel only in familiar, well-lit areas and avoid trick-or-treating alone
- Tell your children not to eat any treats until they return home
- All costumes, wigs and accessories should be fire-resistant
- If children are allowed out after dark, fasten reflective tape to their costumes and bags to make sure they are visible
Not only are the police giving tips to kids and families, they also are giving motorists recommendations too for increased safety on Halloween:
- Watch for children walking on roadways, medians and curbs
- Enter and exit driveways and alleys slowly and carefully
- At twilight and later in the evening watch for children in dark clothing
New Britain Borough will hold a public hearing on its Butler Ave Study at the Delaware Valley University Life Science Building Room 101, on Thursday, May 12th at 7:30PM.
All are welcome and encouraged to attend.