|The Committee meets the first Monday of each month at 7:30 PM in the Borough Administration Building at 45 Keeley Avenue.||Chair: Andrea Antell
Council Liaison: Lori Kesilman
Members: Derek MacMillan, Kathy MacMillan, Janet Moore, Thomas Price, Jo Schuler
The Parks and Recreation Committee advises Borough Council on all matters relating to the Parks and Open Space of the Borough (not including the Nature Preserve), provides for the organization and coordination of any and all Borough recreational activities (not including summer camp activities), provides recommended rules and regulations for Borough parks, and recommends improvements to Borough parks.
In addition to its mission stated above, the Parks and Recreation Committee is also responsible for:
- The effective maintenance, management and operation of the Orchard Tract property to maximize its public access and enjoyment
- Provide assistance in the development and creation of public trails and paths within the Borough
- Open Space management consistent with the goals and provisions of Resolution 2009-05
Bike & Hike
New Britain Borough contains and is near several bike/hike trails. Below is a list of trails in the Borough:
- Destination Peace Valley Trail – This trail runs through Covered Bridge Park, through Pine Run Reservoir and ultimately to Doylestown Hospital and beyond.
- Wilma Quinlan Nature Preserve (Walking Only) – There are several walking paths within the gorgeous Wilma Quinlan Nature Preserve for enjoyment.